Saturday, March 5, 2011

Do You Hear the Birds Singing?

Do you ever find yourself spinning your wheels after doing the same things day in and day out?  Many of us whether we work exclusively in the home or outside of the home are faced with the same menial tasks that really become boring and unfulfilling.  Then I was struck by the beautiful sounds coming from outside and I realized how happy the birds are to be madly building their nests and flitting around.  They are doing the same thing they did last year, building their nests out of whatever they can find and they are singing their little heads off!  Well I'm glad I don't have to build my house again every year, but the next load of wash or stack of dishes I wash might not seem so boring if I think of those happy little birds and their songs of contentment.  That is the inspiration to my new blog, The Swanky Nest.  I will be sharing ideas on how to add some sparkle or shine to our nests.  Whether it is an amazingly delicious gourmet meal made from what you can find in your cupboards or a flea market find turned into a special feature in your home.  Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment